Sunday, February 7, 2010

To My Dearest, Barry,

There is comfort in the strength of love:
Twill make a thing endurable,
Which else would overset the brain,
Or break the heart.
-William Wordsworth

"To My Dearest, Barry,

"Decisions were made, commitments to be kept.
"The time!"
"It is now?"
"All ready?"

"So soon!"
"Precious little time together spent,
We knew what each one meant.
Our hearts we felt beat, our Spirits did meet,
Our Souls; they became One.
God's blessings we did seek.
For safety and peace,
His help we knew we'd need.
Tears shed and hands held tight,

Lingering ... with might!
But alas, time could not last!

Our thoughts shared, we expressed our fear ...
We knew ~ We cared!

"Many more kisses ~ So-o dear!
Wished my pockets I could fill!
Your Last Kiss ... I Remember Still!

"But time marches on and the miles are long;

Hardships along the way ...
Each call was rejoiced for hearing your voice,
But ~
I'm so sorry your journey is hard!!!
Won't start? - perseverance,
"I'll pray for you!"
The Lord must need you meek!
Troubles more than double,
He needs us to be humble!
"Come. Come,
I Am, Here To Help!"
Prayers along the way from loved ones, every day.
We wished your journey was done!

"It is hard to be apart for now,
The distance; it is far!
The days linger on
And
The nights are lonely.
The question is there, of "How?"
Answers come and answers go.
So patience we must seek!

"Logic tells me, I can endure ...
But ~
My heart feels the absence of your warmth.

"I long to feel your arms about me;
To feel your presence near!
See your smile!
Look in your eyes!
Hear your voice ... "Hello!"
Feel your lips pressed to mine!
Yes ~ Heaven Be Divine!

"My heart feels breaking here ~
For loneliness? "Yes, I will endure
Long, I must wait!"
"I promise, I will faithful be
'Til time ...
Sets us free!"

With All My Love! Kristy

2 comments:

Alisha said...

I had no idea that you and dad had some secret language. Interesting.

Audrey said...

Grrrrrrrrrr. Romantic, isn't lish? Maybe you should start calling Eric "Schmoopsy" and he you, "Cutsie". See? Even I can rhyme!

It's all good mom. Alisha is just jealous of your "love language". hahahaha